Larry Hryb, Director of Programming for Microsoft Xbox LIVE, had his account hacked the other night by a website, or at least a member of, lightzz.com - they feature a video of their work on Larry's profile and also claim credit for it.

Amongst other things that were posted to his online bio, above is a screenshot of some of the milder content. It seems the attack was targeted specifically at Larry due to his popular status in the Xbox Live community.

Larry told gaming website Kotaku I have control of the account, the enforcement team took care of it. - the enforcement team are also investigating this further to also ensure it cannot happen to other peoples accounts.

Comments

[thumb]http]

mattyb89
I don't see why someone would do this, it's obviously someone who got banned for hacking their Xbox.

Btw I was going to post this when I saw it this afternoon but had work :p
I think it's just some kid who thinks he can earn respect just for doing something like this... and naturally he goes after a well known figure.

However, a lot of people who hack Microsoft usually end up getting jobs with them lol... they are asked to help protect from future attacks otherwise action will be taken against them legally.
WAFL Neo
Larry's taken it much lighter than I imagined, personally if that happened to me...Snipers are needed...
It's his job to act calmly about it, after all he will have the last laugh when stepto and his team sort the people who did it out
dav3duncan
Didn't expect this but i've seen it around the web today shockingly. He does indeed seem to be taking it calmly. I'm sure it was easy enough to fix, i just hope the guilty party is taken care of in the end.
I am sure he will... Stepto and his team are excellent with this type of stuff
mattyb89
I feel sorry for this kid imagine the fall out from this once they find him, can you say law suit????