Sega today announced that their long awaited next Sonic game which was previously just called Project Needlemouse will now be called Sonic the Hedgehog 4. It will also be a direct sequel to Sonic and Knuckles on the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis.

So does this mean sonic will now eventually return to his roots or will Sega still manage to find a way to mess up what could very well indeed be a great game. We will find out as the game will drop onto the Xbox Marketplace later this year.

Here a new trailer for the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVvkRCqX3U0&fmt=18

Comments
DarkSynopsis
Project Needlemouse turns out to be Sonic the Hedgehog 4 which will be coming later this year and will be episodic, it will be a direct sequel to Sonic & Knuckles and back in 2D.

[b]Trailer] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVvkRCqX3U0&fmt=18

[b]Source] joystiq.com/2010/02/04/proje... ... ic-on-ps3/
Damn you luke, I wanted to post this but didnt have chance lol... anyway thanks.

I am sure they wont mess it up, in my opinion they havent messed up any games because I like them all to an extent... but I can see why other people seem to think Sonic games have gone down the pan.
Thought I would also add these three higher quality screenshots taken directly from the trailer.

[thumb]http]
[thumb]http]
[thumb]http]

Also that the mystery platform it will be released for will be the iPhone. Altogether the game is scheduled for a July release date but these two bits of information were sneakily found on the Sonic 4 website and later removed.
Reaper
wow. this looks promising. it's like old sonic yet new. i can't effin wait!

oh and btw i think this should be delayed a year. because it will celebrate sonic's 20th year anniversity
Reaper Said
wow. this looks promising. it's like old sonic yet new. i can't effin wait!

Hell No... I can't, neigh won't, wait a year for this game. I hate having to wait for games once they have been announced - yeah it builds the hype but take SSB Brawl for example. I bummed off it for over a year and then when it came out I pretty much knew everything in it straight away because I ruined it for myself in anticipation by reading as much as I could on the net.

I like a game to just pop up and then not have long to wait before its release... then I dont have to wait.
Guest 10 years ago
And there's a less chance of getting spoiled.
Kamikazi Hero Said
And there's a less chance of getting spoiled.
Reaper
The Darkness Within Said
[quote=Kamikazi Hero]And there's a less chance of getting spoiled.
Well that depends on how well the company keeps it's classified information. Which saga hasn't been too bad at these past few years compared to some people............*cough* sony *cough* *cough*[/quote]

unlike before. did you know sega used to announce their games right when they got the idea?

Xbox Resource Members ×
Members get exclusive access to lots of cool features on the site, so why not join us?

Already Have An Account?