120,400

If you fancy getting your hands on the Beta Preview for Xbox Live's Fall 2009 Dashboard Update, then follow this link - connect.microsoft.com/XboxLIVE.... #BF0000">Sign Ups Closed

Previous entrants are probably familiar with the process of signing up but for those who aren't, simply answer a small questionnaire about your gaming setup and your internet connection and your set.

They are looking for quite a lot of participants so your chances are good, but this doesn't necessarily mean that signing up guarantee's you a place.

Comments
According to Major Nelson they will start notifying Preview Participants next week. I will let you all know when to start checking your inboxes
Sign ups finish tonight for this preview program so get signing up if your looking for a chance to get your hands on it early.

The first wave of invites, all being well, will begin on Friday 23rd!
Reaper
hey im receiving a grade nine english arward on the 23! :D
Fair enough, two good things in one day :)
Weird it didn't question me about anything maybe they still have the records from the last preview?
I had to answer the questions still and I was in the first wave of the last preview program... however I read something from Major Nelson that they had sped up the process...

[standout]http
We've streamlined the sign up process for the Preview Program. We'll get you in on on your way ASAP. http]
Derbzlad
no point in me signing up as i dont have a console just yet and this update will probly be out when i do - looks good tho!
I am in guys, just downloaded the update now... if anyone wants to know anything about what I haven't written about let me know.

You have to download the Facebook and Last.fm applications but each is about 6mb so doesn't take long at all. Can be launched from the dashboard unlike photo sharing

Twitter seems to be working well, have to login at first, chat pad or USB keyboard is advised. Trending topics is working well, although you cannot follow links to images such as twitpic or anything else due to no browser. Twitpic could have been incorporated at least. Refreshing can be a little sluggish and one thing is that when tweeting there isn't any hint at how many characters you have used.

Facebook now, have to login at first again. Option to show Xbox Live details is useful for those who still wish to remain incognito. Chatpad or USB keyboard advised but not necessary. For some of the time, switching between modules seems a bit sluggish. Option to add Facebook friends to Xbox Live and vice versa doesn't seem to work but that's either because a) they need the update and probably don't have it or b) I already have all of my friends who have the two added.

Photo's are a bit blurry but what can you expect. Can I write on other people's walls, I don't know because I can't find out how... I can view their details which is good for stalking people though! Again, cannot use it in game which means unless your desperate you'll probably just end up using the pc to use facebook.

Up next, Last.fm. First things first, yet again you cannot use this in game which sucks and takes away the point. However option to create a new account at Last.fm is available on the app which means you don't need to use a pc first like facebook and twitter. Music scrobbles too meaning as you listen to music on the Xbox, it records the data to your profile like usual which is pretty cool. I can listen to a radio station devoted to 8-bit radio and video game specific music - WTF IT IS AWESOME!!!

It streams pretty quick as well which is neat, I can list a band I like and have it suggest similar bands that i might like to listen to... which is okay except maybe I wanted to listen to the band I typed in. When listening to a station you are graced with pictures of the band which makes it look a bit better.

I keep getting error messages on facebook and twitter which don't actually do anything. It says that the service is unavailable but it still works fine after you click OK... whatever.

Can't seem to find the MSNBC.com news and Dilbert cartoons, could be because I am from the UK though. I am going to look through the Zune marketplace but aren't going to download anything so sorry. Takes a few minutes to load initially. Have to agree to terms and conditions and then you get a choice to allow others to see what your watching. Overall this seems to work in the UK too, quite a lot of genres and there are even a few empty ones which could look interesting - eg: GamerTV and Web Videos.

Finally I think us Brits get to watch films in a party. Yet to download a film to watch but maybe one day...