When the first rays of sunlight rise above the horizon, the beehive slowly wakes up. Hierarchy and diligence are vital for the wellbeing of the whole swarm. So you check your wings, measure the antennae degree of deviation; take orders from the Queen and bee-gin your first independent mission. A day comes, when you learn that people want to cut down the tree that holds your hive. Now your fate and the fate of your whole family lie in your small, agile legs and fast wings!
"One evening, when I was reading a book about bees to my daughter, I realized that the life of a family of bees is a premade script waiting for a family game. As a parent, I find it important to spend time together on activities we all find interesting and attractive. We designed the Bee Simulator to be such a game” – says Łukasz Rosiński, Creative Director of Varsav Game Studios.
"Through the game, the players will learn fun facts about the life of bees, and explore a beautiful world from the perspective of a tiny insect. The split-screen mode will allow you to get to know your colony in a cheerful and entertaining way. We made sure that controlling the flight of the bee will be intuitive for even the youngest players” – ensures Rosiński.
And just like in a well written movie script, there are tons of adventures that await you in Bee Simulator including the following:
Ready, Steady, Fly!
Take part in a race and show your sisters who has the fastest wings in the swarm!
I have a sting and I’m not afraid to use it!
The world of bees is not as carefree as one may think. Wasps and some of the less friendly people will take any chance to ruin your plans. Don't hesitate to use your sting to save your swarm from uninvited guests.
Dancing with the Bees
You are the master of air acrobatics. Your sisters are eager to mirror your smooth dance moves. So perform your famous waggle dance and show them the way back to the hive.
Explore the park thoroughly – visit even the deepest corners to look for rare plants and special flowers in order to collect the best pollen.
Bee Simulator features will include:
- A unique chance to see the macro scale world from the micro perspective of a honeybee;
- A realistic representation of a place inspired by Central Park;
- Three diverse modes enriched with educational elements:
- Single-player story mode presents you with a family of bees. Can you save the hive from the threat of human beings?
- Exploration mode allows you to freely discover a world inspired by Central Park in New York.
- Split-screen mode can be either used for cooperation or competition. It includes an additional map that makes the game even more fascinating.
- A possibility to interact with the surroundings: people, animals, plants, and other insects;
- Lack of violence – it's a perfect choice for parents seeking a game to safely play with their children;
- Relaxing music composed by Mikołaj Stroiński, who was responsible for the soundtrack of such games as The Witcher 3 and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.
Check out the gamescon trailer here:
Bee Simulator will come to PC this year with PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch releases to follow at a later date.