As Minecraft surpasses 20 million sales across all platforms it seem this game just keeps getting bigger and better. As Minecon approaches, Mojang/4J Studios and Microsoft are releasing a Minecon DLC pack to coincide with their new console patch. Minecraft console versions will be updated to 1.17 as of 1st July. The Minecon Skin pack will be released for free for the first half of July. This pack includes character skins with the inclusion of a selection of capes. The content update includes a few notable additions:
- Offended by mountains and caverns? Worry not, strange crafter, because now you have the option to customize your super-flat worlds so they’re only as vertical as you desire.
- New blocks! Oak, Spruce, Birch and Jungle wood types. Fences, Gates and Doors! Create the log cabin of your dreams.
- A heap of new game options! Change the game mode, difficulty, time, player spawn position, ambient cave sounds, and weather without leaving your game session. Very handy.
- Classic crafting! Now console players get to craft items just like their PC buddies on Java Minecraft. Some players find this style of creation more satisfying. Check it out.
- New stuff! Iron Trapdoors, Inverted Daylight Sensors, Book & Quills, and Stained Glass have arrived. Use them wisely, and for good, please.
These will be available for both Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions. Can never resist free content so go and snap it up before 15th July.