When Achievements came to Xbox 360, it brought a whole new experience. When Avatar Awards came along, many were intrigued. More recently Windows Phone 7 has featured Xbox Live titles, with achievements. Today, it has been announced that Windows Phone 7 is to support Avatar Awards, starting with a game announced at this years Gamescom: Chickens Can't Fly.
The Windows Phone update, titled Mango will support new Xbox Live features such as an Avatar Closet, this is where you can view your Avatar Awards, supposedly along with your avatar clothing.
Along with this, the Windows Phone will now be supporting Game Add-ons. Similar to Xbox Live on the 360, players in games such as Beards & Beaks - players can purchase extra lives in exchange for Microsoft Points. Parental Controls are also to come onto the Windows Phone, allowing parents to block games such as Splinter Cell Conviction, an upcoming M rated WP7 title.
- Build and nurture a colony of active ants and busy bees. Construct homes to attract playful bugs and direct them to the garden, where they can gather resources to expand your village. Small is beautiful in bug village.
- A modern twist on a classic Breakout-style game, all delivered in a unique steampunk style.
-Burn the rope
- Burn as much rope as you can in this challenging puzzle game. The catch? Fire only burns upwards. So you'll have to madly tilt and turn your phone to keep the flame alive.
- Play with, care for, and fall in love with your very own Kinectimal cub. The hit Xbox 360 game comes to Windows Phone.
- You're a corporate scientist assigned to see what chickens are capable of, answering critical questions such as: Is there life after the butcher? Are chickens afraid of ghosts? Does frozen chicken get dizzy?
- This puzzle platformer (and Windows Phone exclusive) gives you control over how your character feels. Change their emotions by drawing smiles and sad faces, and by rotating or shaking the phone.
- The blockbusting, color-matching excitement of 'Collapse!' returns with award-winning gameplay, all-new customizable characters, and fantastic new foes.
- An addictive puzzle game that challenges you to destroy as many orbs as possible.
- If you think the big city is crazy, wait until you get a load of country life. Manage a wild and wacky farm by growing grass, feeding chickens, collecting eggs and taking your produce to market.
-Toy Soldier Boot Camp
- Wage war on a tiny scale with four fun and addictive shooting gallery mini-games from 'Toy Soldiers: Cold War'.
-Flight Game Rivals
- Become the king of kings among tournament fighters around the world. Enter different tournaments on distinct locations, earn credits and unlock devastating attacks and skills.
- In a world where gravity laws were broken, a brave guy was held captive for defying the rules. Not happy, he decided to escape. Your job: guide him through a world of impossible mazes, flipping gravity at will.
- Text Twist 2
- From Game House, creators of 'Bounce Out' and 'Collapse!', comes a more cerebral challenge: How many words can you form in two-and-a-half minutes with a handful of random letters? Figure out the combination with the most letters and move to the next level.
-Splinter Cell: Conviction
Splinter Cell Conviction has been on the console for a while now, and will finally be making its WP7 debut later this year.
-Beards & Beaks: Cave Area
- The turf war between gnomes and crows moves to the cave with 15 challenging new levels and where a new gnome ally and new enemies await.