LucasArts have announced that the re-mastered versions of Monkey Island 1 and 2 will be joined together into the Collection. However, also included in this collection is some never seen before bonus content, LucasArts had the following to say:

Monkey Island Special Edition Collection will also include never-before seen content including environment and character concept art from both the Special Edition versions of both games. Music fans can also tap their toes along to the remastered and re-recorded soundtracks for both games. And most exciting, players will also receive storyboards and concept art from an Industrial Light & Magic exploration of a Monkey Island, animated movie that was never released.

This retail bundle will be available September 9th, it's important to note that it is European only.

Comments
GrumpyOlGamer
Yay! One for the Europeans. I did enjoy the originals but haven't been too bothered about picking up the remakes. This might be worthy. Any idea on pricing?
Darkwings18
At the moment, no. I found both games enjoyable, and while the bonus content is tempting, I am not sure if I want to buy the same games again, just in a bundle. As they are arcade games, I would imagine retail price to be 15 - 20, as the Xbox LIVE Hits collection(Limbo, Trials HD, Splosion Man) was around that price when it came out.
GrumpyOlGamer
Ah, but you can now pick up the LIVE HITS collection new for about ?7-8 which is not bad at all. ?15 isn't too much really - you'd pay about that for them on XBLA anyway, although that's not including DOTW I suppose.
I love how 1st day adopters get raped in the ass like this :)

Don't take me wrong, I don't regret having Serious sam, Monkey Island, alien breed etc. downloaded but I'd have been better to my storage space to have them in a disc.
GrumpyOlGamer
A decent incentive for 1st day (or 1st month) buyers would be to get some free DLC or something. I liked that SuperMeatBoy did the 33% off for the first month which is good - but something that gives a reward rather than punishes people for NOT buying it the first month would be fine. Even if it starts with a collection of Avatar items/themes and such. It's the same thing for people buying new retail games. Reward them with DLC, etc - rather than punish those that buy second hand with taking away the online stuff unless they pay more. :/
Darkwings18
I think in cases like arcade games, not many expect them to come in retail bundles, so they either purchase them day one, or wait until they are on Deal of the Week. While the bonus content is tempting, I don't regret buying both games as I enjoied playing them. I never played the original versions, but thanks to the option to have the original graphics, it was as if I was. :)
I do agree 11'% with grumpy here.

QFT !

Xbox Resource Members ×
Members get exclusive access to lots of cool features on the site, so why not join us?

Already Have An Account?