While many call THQ's Homefront
a failure, sales will tell you that it is very much a success, as the game hit the one million unit sales mark weeks ago. With that, THQ has been hard at work fixing multiplayer issues, and gearing towards a DLC release. Today, THQ released the update, along with details of the upcoming DLC pack. Click to read on to see the press release from THQ!
An Xbox 360 update is now available which should improve Homefront®’s overall game stability and network connectivity, a summary of a number of the changes can be found below. In addition, we are pleased to provide the “Ability Pack” with this update which will be immediately available after download!
- Ice Cold: Invisible on thermal views and airstrike sensors
- Situational Awareness: Enemy gamertag appears when shot
- EMP Tactician: Deal more damage vs EMP’d vehicles
- Short Fuse: Reduced cook time on frag grenades
- Bomb Suit: Take less damage from explosives
- Assist points for vehicle kills
- Rank Resets
- Game returns to MP menu instead of Main Menu after leaving a match
- Max ping limits for server connections (prevent connections to distant servers)
- Game freeze & hitching
- Joining Friends feature
- Beacon errors
- Party Connectivity; and
- Various other fixes
But wait, that’s not all…
...We are happy to announce the first Homefront DLC offering will be available on June 7th – the “Fire Sale” Map Pack will carry you further into the heart of a war torn and twisted America. “Fire Sale” will launch first on Xbox LIVE and features two all-new multiplayer maps. This is just the first small taste of anticipated robust updates that will be coming to Homefront.
Also on that same day, the 870 Express Shotgun will be available for download and as a way of saying thank you for your continued support, we are offering a free Premium Homefront Theme that will be provided on the Xbox 360 Marketplace. Mark the day on your calendar and keep your eyes peeled for further Homefront news and announcements.
Today the Homefront DLC's price has been announced. The Fire Sale DLC will cost 240MSP and will be available on the 7th of June 2011.