EPIC, as most of you know, are one of the most creative developers out there, and aren't afraid to do wacky things. We already saw the Gears of War 3 beta have a surprise with all characters having bunny heads on Easter, and now the folks at EPIC have announced a new mode for the retail game of GOW3. This new mode called Big Head Mode will have both COG and Locust will having heads four times as big as normal. The characters will also all have high pitched voices too. If you were on the beta the other day, you had a chance to test this mode, but if you didn't get a chance, you will when the game releases on September 20th.

Here is a link to the G4TV video of the mode - g4tv.com/videos/52834/gears-... ... lay-video/

Comments
SteinlageT
[img]http]

nyall97
although im not a fan of gow. this sounds good.

Sent from my HTC.
GrumpyOlGamer
Heh - Straight out of Goldeneye (N64). It MAY have been used earlier than that, but Goldeneye is the game I remember having it when I was a kid. :P
one of the most creative devs out there ? goldeneye (N64) BA toshinden (PS1), etc. anyone ? oh... you meant the chainsword bayonettas on space marine's bolte...errrr I meant, the lancer, yes... ::ROLL::

I like SD (super deformed or chibi as you want) stuff and kinda collect merch in that given scale so I'll be looking forward this but I'd never ever dare to say epic is creative at all. They are good at graphics and obtaining good results out of already existing good ideas mixed.

Yes, I'm still thinking rogue trooper on the previous xbox was more compelling (to me, of course) than the current gen GoW1.

BTW back on topic I wish that would implement wacky stuff into the game (a gamemode or a parody chapter) not just deformed models, wich will surely be the case.

Thanks for sharing! :)
SteinlageT
EPIC is definitely one of the most creative. Look at Bulletstorm alone haha. Plus the wacky XP events for GOW2. It's at least one of the most creative during this gen.
GrumpyOlGamer
Heh. Whilst Bulletstorm SEEMS different, it's really just an extension of Total Overdose's gunplay mixed with any generic space shooter. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game, but it's not original. The thing is, nothing is original anymore, and can easily be traced back to other games - it's more about evolution than originality nowadays - and Bulletstorm can be seen as the latest step in that chain (for now). Though, to be fair, as far as FPS's are concerned - EPIC are probably quite high on the creativity scale. If you want creativity, I'm seeing more of it in free flash games or from indie/smaller developers than I am from big companies - mainly cos they have less to lose and prefer to gamble on creative projects - Double Fine are pretty good for it.
Grumpy, amen to that.