There exists on Xbox Live, a man by the name of Stephen Toulouse (GT: Stepto). He and his team are responsible for actively policing the service, making sure that everyone who has Xbox Live is abiding by the rules and the terms of service... they help to keep the service fair and safe for everyone and for the most part they do a stellar job of it - however if you've ever been on the wrong side of him you will have definitely known about it... he is also responsible for console bannings, gamerscore resets and any other punishment dished out to those who persist in breaking the rules.

Recently though it seems his personal website (Stepto.com) has been compromised along with his Xbox Live Gamer Profile (which now seems to be back under his control) by a disgruntled gamer who claims to have been Console Banned 35 times... and when you consider that he has managed to jack not only the Banhammer Boss of Xbox Live's website, but his profile too - one can only imagine why he's been banned 35 times. I wonder...

UPDATE: There has also been a http://www.youtube.com/v/ryfZv_qq7Uk uploaded by the person responsible for this which shows him having control over Stephens account.

So what does this mean for us regular Xbox Gamers?
Well I wouldn't go as far as to say this is an epidemic we should all be afraid of but it does raise alarms. 99% of Xbox Live gamers need not worry however there are ways you can combat things like this in the unlikely event of it happening to you.

This article will give you tips to keep your password secure: microsoft.com/security/onlin... ... reate.aspx

But like I said, it is very unlikely that you will get hacked - Stephen was targeted due to him being a public figure and because people were upset about feeling the long arm of the law.

Comments
this meanas a big LMAO to players.

wich utterly means we actually pay for nothing if even MS police is a joke.

this is no rant nor hate comment but reality. I love my xbox and have nothing against MS but that doesn't make me blind; we keep paying or live fees while we keep seeing how we loose exclusive stuff for our system or stuff like that happens.

MS has still a lot of stuff to fix before they even think about launching a new system in the decade to come.

Oh, and BTW this doesn't worry me that much as hackers don't usually aim low profile users (there's not much to steal from me, maybe my pants and socks but I won't recommend either one if you wanna keep your nose alive...
Gammah
The person who jacked his account should be jailed lol.
LOL ;)

nope, that person should be sued to death, then hired to work as MS network security.

FIRE or HIRE theory;

It takes either talent or poor security to achieve this, so fire the clumsy slackers at microsoft or hire the l337 hacker.
SteinlageT
Posting a video of it? That's like a person robbing a bank after filling out a card with all his information on it. Dumb people haha.
Gammah
He is or was trying to act all pro you know his name is everywhere so he is a goner.
I insist that common case is to hire best hackers arround instead of make jailbirds of them (it's been done before); Even in America I doubt those kind of virtual crimes would be capital punished (death penalty) so the result of keeping apart (imprisoning) a problem (criminal) is that this individual (geek) will be back (out) to bite your ass.

In cases like this common sense isn't just enough; you have to see it as terrorism since the desired result is not to blow stuff but to keep people aware you can do it (anytime) hence the at first glance stupid move about claiming yours a crime.

Of course he could just be a lame kind of hacker (fame lust) in the vein of those kids who beat their teachers while recording it with the cellphones lol then he better start praying cause each youtube hit will translate for an extra inch his anus will spread wide in jail
[imgsize=20, 20]http] Via http

@z4mo lol at the last line... I cant see this guy getting employed simply because i think it was more poor practice by either stepto or his hosting company since the guy managed to get both... Im guessing he uses the same password for both. He just got lucky if you ask me
whait... Dan are you saying the password 12345 isn't safe anymore !? Damn you Stepto !

:D