Halo Wars will be getting four new maps complete with brand new achievements on 21st July according to Xbox Live's majornelson.com....
The maps will be entitled Historic Battles and will cost 800MSP.
- Barrens (1v1 Map): Difficult terrain channels units into killing zones. The side that controls the Forerunner artifacts will have the advantage.
- Blood River (1v1 Map): Secure base locations on nearby cliffs overlook this naturally red-tinged river. The soldiers that fought over its two narrow crossings gave the river its name, which has since taken on a greater meaning.
- Glacial Ravine (3v3 Map): A snow-topped mountain range forms a natural barrier that cuts this region in half. Control of the two energy walls at the narrow central pass often determines the outcome of the battle, though clever use of the Sentinel Factories may play a role as well.
- Memorial Basin (2v2 Map): The high ground in the middle offers good cover for infantry, while the generally open terrain transforms organized battle plans into bloodbaths.
- Tour Coming Through - 30G: Hot drop 50 squads to your Covenant Leader in a single game on Memorial Basin
- Never Leave a Man Behind - 15G: Finish a game with 5000 net resources contributed to your teammates on Barrens
- Drain Cleaner - 30G: Kill 20 enemy squads with a continuous Covenant Leader Power on Memorial Basin
- Killjoy - 25G: Disrupt 5 active Leader Powers in a single game on Blood River
Source - majornelson.com/archive/2009/0...