Tribes is returning with the true successor to Tribes 2, with Tribes: Ascend for XBLA.

Scheduled to be released later this year, Tribes: Ascend is an Unreal 3 Engine powered game focused on multiplayer.

Scott Harris, Hi-Rez Studios COO is quoted as saying:

The community has been waiting for a multiplayer shooter that is the modern successor to Tribes 2. Tribes: Ascend is that game.

So buy up a points card and get ready for some action later this year.

Source/Trailer: tribesascend.com/...

Comments
Now you 'r officially a kickass newshound.

IMHO XBLA needs desperatedly multiplayer game with a persisting community and this might be the one. Lavel it at 800 msp and you got me in from 1st day :)

Thanks for sharing!

edit: teaser left me wanting more (rarely happens to me); trailer will leave me with a boner. Lest's hope they do it justice.

::LUCK::
liquidblue4
why thank you :)
liquidblue4
One thing though, I'm sure with the recent trends that it will probably be 1200, which sucks :(

it also seems that people really don't care about playing a lot of mp xbla games, if they're not fighters or some kind of card game.

i really wanted to get Quake 3 and i never picked it up since it seems that no one cares about games like that... call me old school, but i love them, more so than CoD or other big FPS games these days.
liquidblue4 Said

I'm afraid you're right in every statement but mostly with this one :(

Yesterday I just went shopping and got Quake wars (for just 10 eur sealed you can't go wrong on that), couldn't resist one more day withot having that pc mp fps awesomeness it irradiates.

At least they always implement funny bots into their games tho.

Cheers.
True dat... trying to get a MP game on Raskulls or an all you can quaff in Castle Crashers is solid! :( title=Angry />
liquidblue4
we have to do something about this...
grrr