Just today the MW2 rumors about paying to play multiplayer were squashed (xboxresource.com/viewing.php?t... If you worried that Black Ops could still see a subscription for online multiplayer, fear no more. Treyarch’s Josh Olin has added a bit more clarity for the upcoming COD: Black Ops on his twitter (twitter.com/JD_2020/status/189...

No, you will not have to ‘Pay to Play’ #CODBlackOps Multiplayer either. Rumor -> Squashed.

Looks like Call Of Duty will only require you to have that Xbox Live Gold Membership that we have came to know and love. Good news from the guys at Infinity Ward and Treyarch!

Comments
SteinlageT

0pticalstatic
I still can't believe people get so worked up over nothing... Relaxe a little :)
Well thankyou for the criticism good sir, I am sure we will all take into consideration your thoughts on the site but we do ask that you cut us a little slack due to the fact we are still new to this in comparison to other sites.

We do this as a hobby hoping that others will jump on board for the experience - and if they do and they benefit from it then we have served our purpose.
SteinlageT
Agreed, if you look at IGN, Game Informer, etc. they all post the same news. They have a commmunity that goes to their site for a reason. Yes they offer certain things on their site that the others don't but we all get the same info from the same sources.

I know of a good 20 people who have started coming to this site and telling me how much they enjoy it.

Thank you for the critism sir, but this copy and paste was a quote from twitter directly.
SteinlageT
Also, my Info on Gears of War 2 20x XP Event was not posted prematurely. I got my info straight from Rod Fergusson who I think knows his stuff. I understand some of your thoughts but some of what you said was uncalled for. Xbox Resource actually was first compared to IGN and Game Informer on the information that you would not have to pay to play COD or MW2. Xbox Resource has some great things lined up as in interviews, beta giveaways, and such. Us writers will only get better as time goes along, but thank you sir. X2i, your doing a great job by the way. Before I became a writer for the site, I went here everyday for my news :)
Belthazar666
I'd just like to point out that there is an 'e' in 'relax'. It's the second letter. ;D
0pticalstatic
lol wow... Well you found a typoe... errr 'typo'. Thanks for pointing that out, I don't and will never claim to be a master english speller. I always try and check over my work before posting, must have just been in a rush. I will try harder next time. Thanks for the criticism. :)