While there has been plenty of speculation as to what the official name of Project Natal will be, all of those questions were supposed to end on Sunday night at a Microsoft event.

Now it looks like the official name has been posted by the popular newspaper, USA Today. (usatoday.com/tech/gaming/201... ... 4_ST_N.htm) The motion device is officially called Kinect.

There were also a number of games announced including:

Kinectimals - Play with virtual animals!
Joyride - A racing game where players steer with their hands.
Kinect Sports - Boxing, bowling, beach vollyball, track and field, soccer and table tennis.
Kinect Adventures - River rafting with friends.
Dance Central - A dancing version of So You Think You Can Dance.
Star Wars and Disney Games

So far today there has been posts on NeoGaf (neogaf.net/forum/showthread.ph... pointing towards the name kinetic based on an old patent filing. There has also been a post (neogaf.com/forum/showthread.ph... pointing to an Xbox 360 redesign, though there is no indication of its credibility.

More news of Kinect is for sure to come out of E3 so keep your eyes open the next following days for more Kinect news! Game on :)!

Comments
The show is so close that spreading last minute rumors is just a waste of time IMHO.

We'll see if it's called NATAL, Kinect, Space Vanillal Hotdonnutmachine or whatsoever in less than 24 hrs. Speculating now serves no purpose.

Forgot to mention I'm a robot, that's why I'm like that folks.
It is officially called Kinect... it has been confirmed... goodbye Project Natal - the strange name we all grew to love in the end.
SteinlageT
Haha, agreed x2i. I didn't think Natal was a bad name anyways. I don't really know how I feel about Kinect, but I hated Natal when I first heard it haha.
Hot Donut Machine would of been an awsome name for it lawl. Think they still should of stayed with natal in the end though its what people have grown to know within the past year.

So to change it to something so sonyish (Eyetoy Kinect anybody) I think could prove to be a bad move in terms of sales for people who dont really keep up to date with tech and gadget info
0pticalstatic
I think Kinect is a great name. Its got a good sound to it and discribes what it is perfectly in one word.
I know sticking with Project Natal for so long had some mixed opinions but I think it was nice for them to use that to their advantage and really throw a big event where EVERYONE would be watching to find out the official name.
0pticalstatic
I know these first few game titles are what we all expected as well. I'm sure they are all fun and intresting for the first few weeks of playing but I also hope that we get to hear about some more hardcore titles as well, or just how bigger games will support the feature.
mattyb89
I had got used to Natal Kinect just sounds stupid tbh, makes it sound really tacky. At least Natal had some mystery about it.
What leaves me in despair about this new is the JOY RIDE - kinect/Natal affair.

To me it feels like a kick in the nuts.