Looks like Activision isn't the only company that can enjoy absurd exclusive preorder bonuses. It would appear that Fallout: New Vegas is following in the footsteps of Transformers: War for Cybertron, offering as it does not one, not two, not three, but four pre-order bonuses, all available exclusively through different retailers.
The following are the offers from all the different retailers trying to get you to preorder Fallout: New Vegas. Again, to gain these in-game items, all you have to do is preorder from one of these sites that has the most appealing bonuses in your mind.
The Classic Pack, available when you pre-order through GameStop, contains:
· Armored Vault 13 Suit - Extensively patched up and dotted with piecemeal armor, this outfit is an homage to the classic ending of the original Fallout.
· Vault 13 Canteen - This handy device is useful for staving off dehydration and providing a small amount of healing in the Mojave Wasteland.
· Weathered 10mm Pistol - A well-worn 10mm pistol that packs an extra punch despite its modest size.
· 5 Stimpaks - Food and water are good for long-term healing, but when the fighting is fierce, Stimpaks help keep Wastelanders upright.
The Tribal Pack, available when you pre-order through Amazon, contains:
· Tribal Raiding Armor - Pieced together from scraps of armor, this outfit provides protection without impacting mobility.
· Broad Machete - This heavy-bladed melee weapon does high damage against limbs and can quickly deal out a flurry of attacks.
· 5 Bleak Venom doses - Useful on any Melee Weapon, Bleak Venom makes short of work of most living targets.
· 10 Throwing Spears - If you would like to silently pin an enemy's head to a wall, Throwing Spears are the way to do it.
The Caravan Pack, available when you pre-order through Steam and Walmart, contains:
· Lightweight Leather Armor - This hand-modified suit of leather armor reduces its overall weight without impacting its ability to protect.
· Sturdy Caravan Shotgun - Despite its rough appearance, this Caravan Shotgun will reliably fire 20 gauge shells until the Brahmin come home.
· 4 Repair Kits - Useful for repairing any outfit or weapon, Repair Kits are a valuable tool for any caravaner.
· Binoculars – The Mojave Wasteland is a dangerous place, but with these trusty Binoculars you’ll be able to spot trouble coming.
The Mercenary Pack, available when you pre-order through Best Buy, contains:
· Lightweight Metal Armor - Modified for long-range travel, this Metal Armor sacrifices some protection for mobility and overall weight.
· Mercenary’s Grenade Rifle - Though similar to other 40mm Grenade Rifles in the Mojave Wasteland, this model has a faster reload cycle.
· 3 Super Stimpaks - When you absolutely, positively, need to keep your blood inside your body, Super Stimpaks fix you up in no time.
· 3 Doctors Bags - Mercenaries and broken limbs go together like Iguana-on-a-Stick and Nuka Cola. Thankfully, these Doctors Bags take a bit of sting out of the inevitable crushed skull.
Some interesting stuff these retailers are offering for all your preorder hounds. Head over to these retailer's sites to preorder and gain all this in-game content. New Vegas is due for a 2010 release, and check out E3 for more Fallout: New Vegas information. Game on :)!