It appears that Left 4 Dead 2 is attracting quite a bit of negative feedback from valve's fans. Even more so that a boycott of just under 9,800 people are saying that they will not be buying the sequel when it is released... the reasons being...
- Significant content for L4D1 was promised, and never delivered
- Valve put little faith in L4D1 since they almost certainly started working on L4D2 right after release.
- The fact that L4D2 is nearly identical to L4D1 will decimate the community for both games.
- The announced date is not nearly enough time to polish content or make significant gameplay changes.
- The new character designs seem bland and unappealing so far.
- L4D2 is too bright to fit in with L4D1's visual aesthetic.
- The fiddle-based horde music is extremely disliked, though the differently orchestrated music is otherwise welcome.
- L4D2's release will result in a drop in quality and frequency for L4D1 content, even compared to before.
- The community has lost faith in Valve's former reputation for commitment to their games post-release
You can read the full article at: kotaku.com/5281374/l4d-sequel-...